CALL FOR ARTISTS!!
The Spirit of a Woman Pop up Show. March 31st- April 2nd.
In celebration of Women in the Arts
In celebration of Women's History Month we are closing out the month with a pop up show celebrating women artists with a theme of strength of empowerment.
Saltwater Surf Art Proudly Presents a Pop Up show honoring Women in the Arts in Celebration of Women's History Month
Friday March 31st-April 2nd.
Opening Reception to be held Friday March 31st. 6:30-8:00.
Saltwater Surf Art Gallery
8 Pavilion Ave. S. #7
Carolina Beach, NC 28428
Eligibiilty: The Show is open to all women artists 18 years of age and older. Artists may submit three ORIGINAL two-dimensional (2-D) work to include painting, pastel, drawing, printmaking, photography, digital imaging, fiber art, and mixed media.
-The artist may submit three (3) pieces of art.
- All Art must portray the theme of strength and empowerment of women.
● All work must be original in concept, composition and execution. No kits, copies, or collaborative work will be accepted.
● All work must be for sale with a 30% commission retained on all sales. Prices listed in the Entry process are binding.
●Saltwater Surf Art reserves the right to refuse any work that does not match the Entry and Submission Criteria
Entry and Submission:
● The non-refundable entry fee is $25 for up to 3 images
● Entries open March 3, 2017 and close March 26th, 2017 at 5pm.
● The art work images must conform to the following:
• Be submitted in JPEG format
- Include artwork only – no frames or mat showing
• Have a maximum file size of 5MB
• Be labeled using the following format:
• For example, if your name is John Brown, the image file name should be brownj_1.jpeg for your first entry and brownj_2.jpeg for your second entry
● The judge’s decisions are final.
● Accepted entries will be posted Monday March 27th, 2017.
● Accepted work must be hand-delivered on Thursday March 30th, 2017 between 2:00 and 4:00 p.m. and pick up will be Sunday April 2nd from 4:00-6:00.
● Accepted 2-D work: • Must be in quality frames, on 1 ½” gallery-wrapped canvas or 1 ½” cradle, or in a professional presentation.
• Must be wired securely (no saw tooth hangers), and ready to hang
• Must use white, black, off white, or light neutral mats as necessary. A thin colored liner is acceptable.
• May not exceed 36 inches in either direction to include the frame.
• Must use Plexiglas instead of glass on pieces larger than 30 inches in either direction to include the frame.
• May not be heavier than 30 pounds.
• Must have a label attached in the upper right-hand corner on the back of the work.
The label must include: artist’s name, title, medium, size, and price as entered online.
Accepted Entries may submit up to 10 pieces of bin work from under the following guidelines:
● Bin work must have a label attached to the upper right front side. The label should include: artist’s name, title, medium, price; and ORIGINAL or REPRODUCTION identification.
● Bin work must be inventoried BY THE ARTIST on 4”x 6” index card, to be turned in at check in. ● Work on paper must be matted.
● All 2-D bin work must be shrinkwrapped or in artist’s plastic sleeves, and have mat-board or foam core backing - absolutely no corrugated cardboard.
● Framed bin work is not allowed.
● Maximum size, including mat, must not exceed 24” in either direction.
● Artist must bring a standard 24” black/canvas bin, no exception, for 2-D bin work. Artist’s name should be adhered to the underside of the bin for identification.